Latest #iamenough Posts
- Do you ever feel like nobody is ever gonna “GET” you?
Like truly understand why you desire the things you do, your weird quirks, your motivations, your beliefs.
I felt like this for a long time. It was so frustrating that nobody understood. I just wanted to be KNOWN.
I got good news and bad news for you if you’re feeling this way.
The bad news is that you never will be fully known on earth. Nobody will know you so utterly and completely that they understand you inside and out.
The good news is, when you trust Jesus, you realize nobody on earth HAS to know you on that level because Jesus matters more.
I had to get to this point last year. I had to understand that what I was chasing - a relationship where a man truly understood me - was just a cheap imitation of being REALLY known by my Father in heaven.
I’m not saying someone on earth won’t know you really really well. Our parents and our siblings and our significant others know a LOT about us and why we do the things we do.
But on the days that truth doesn’t feel enough, remember that there is someone who CREATED you for a very specific purpose. And He loves you and He KNOWS you!
I don’t know about you, but it brings me so much joy and contentment to understand I don’t HAVE to be known by people on earth.
I don’t have to chase the generic version of feeling understood - yes, that relationship on earth is still something I desire, don’t get me wrong.
But it no longer defines my time here on earth.
Comment “I am KNOWN” if this resonates with you.♥️
#fullyknown #fullyloved #iamenough #morethanenough #onlineentrepreneur #newyearsresolution #whatsyourwhy #liveonpurpose #purposedrivenlife #focusonthegood #fixyoureyes #faithcoach #spiritualmentor #mindsetmentor #growthegood #growthmindset #healthythingsgrow #trusttheprocess #progressoverperfection #anxietywarrior #slowprogressisstillprogress #heartchange #mattersoftheheart #liveloved
9 minutes ago
- Our website is finally back up! It’s up! After some technical difficulties, we had to revamp our website. Go check out our new look, new blogs, and upcoming classes and events! We have some exciting stuff coming up. We are truly grateful for all your patience and support. Link in bio ❤️🙏🏼✨
15 minutes ago
- How the Fake News U Have Abt Yourself is Stopping You From Making Your Own Work
I've developed the DreamingOutLoud Technique help my clients see what's possible for them. In order to do that, we gotta tackle the FAKE Facts standing in ur way.
U cannot fill urself w/goodness & possibility until u empty out all the sadness & fear. They’re just old friends you've outgrown
time to take them to lunch, write the dear john letter & let them go in peace.
1. I’m not good enough
2. I’m too old
3. I’m too late getting started
4. I’m never going to be a writer
5. I’ll always doubt myself
6. I’m black woman that no one cares abt
7. There's no one who looks like me doing what I dream of doing.
8. I will always be a failure.
9. I will never succeed
10. My family was right, I'm not good enough.
11. I’m lazy and always will be.
12. I’m just average
13. There is always someone more talented than me
14. My butt/hips are too big to be on TV
15. There are skinner girls than me.
16. No one will like my stories, much less pay for them to be made.
17. I’m always going to be mediocre.
18. No one puts a girl with (insert fake notion) on TV
19. I’m not light skinned or biracial or white-looking, so I won't have a big career like Halle Berry
20. I have the body that Kardashians pay for, but I would never get the doors open for me like them bec I am not a white woman
21. I’m not white so my work won’t be valued
22. I don’t have anything new to add to the conversation as an actor or writer
23. I’m not creative or smart enough
24. I don’t have a MFA from Yale, NYU or Julliard so no agent will want to sign me
25. I will never find my purpose
26. I'm too fat to (insert dream)
Over the next few weeks, I'm going to tackle each of these one by one in a series of LIVE classes
If even one of these things resonates w/u then join me on this journey of making ur own work
SignUp for the LIVE Make Your Own Work classes in February @ #LinkInBio @AprilYvetteThompson
Pictured my beautiful client, Antoinette Greene rewriting her story at the DreamingMoroccoRetreat
27 minutes ago
- In this book for brown boys, and brown girls(swipe left), author Ayesha Rodriguez uses rhyming verses, followed by a positive affirmation. I am and the words that follow are powerful. Repeated affirmations will build up your child’s self-esteem and transform his sense of self!
34 minutes ago
- Loving ourselves first is sometimes difficult but is our super power. Here’s a sign to start again. And again. Tag a girlfriend below and tell her pull it together! #wcw #wce
34 minutes ago
- Best podcast statement for the day. #iamenough
42 minutes ago
- This weeks menu had some Asian inspiration. This orange chicken with stir fry veggies over cauliflower rice was bomb! I added some coconut aminos, toasted sesame seeds, and a few chopped cashews on top also. Whole30 doesn’t have to be boring. 🍊🥦🥕
43 minutes ago
- Brunch today with a friend! Went to my favorite spot hidden in Hell’s Kitchen @rustictablenyc - I got The Veggie with cauliflower and potato mashed purée, arugula and an sunny side up egg, and sprinkled with sliced almonds (tahini included, but I asked for it on the side) + black coffee. The pink portion is their homemade Kalamata olive butter- I haven’t tried it yet, but I’ve heard it’s delish.
47 minutes ago
- I was struggling with committing to working out. I had the nutrition part down but just couldn’t get the motivation to go workout. I would do a good for a few weeks and then fall off the next week.
When I signed up as a coach, I knew I was ready to take my health seriously. Being in this coaching program has allowed me to get paid to get fit.
But there's so much I've learned from coaching in such a little time! Coaching is literally changing my life. I've actually learned somethings about myself! I realized exactly what's held me back and creating my inconsistency. I've learned how to take my story and share with women who can relate to me. And there are so many women just like me! I don’t know about you, but I was tired of watching the already "fit", "guru", "insta" girls killing their fitness goals. Where were the women like me that were sharing their struggles on how to stay consistent but actually overcoming those struggles?
You know what it all boiled down to??? FEAR. Fear stops so many of us from doing that "thing" that could potentially change our lives. We cover up fear with so many layers of excuses and don’t even realize its fear. Have you ever said: 😫"I don’t have enough time"
😫"I don’t have motivation"
😫"I don’t have money to get fit right now"
😫"I don’t have a gym membership"
😫"I don’t know where to start"
😫"I'll wait until…" But guess what?!? I finally stumbled upon an amazing community of women who had all these doubts but are now killing it! These women root for me and hold me accountable! And most importantly, they've shed so much light on me about personal development and self-love! I am so grateful.
My girl tribe is having a behind the scenes SNEAK PEAK this week to share with you what all we do. How we earn money, how we conquer our fears, and how we are living bomb af lives!! If you’re interested in learning about this opportunity, drop an emoji 💪 or comment 👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽 and I’ll add you to the group!! Don’t let FEAR stop you another day!
1 hour ago