Latest #leatherconditioner Posts
- Final (and our favorite!) stage of conditioning this older McWilliams Western saddle with Colorado Leather Balm- buffing out the leather. We waited just 10 minutes so you could see how nicely CLB absorbs. With a quick rub down and light buffing, the leather is smooth with no trace of tackiness or stickiness that synthetic, mystery-ingredient leather conditioners often leave. Instead, with Colorado Leather Balm you are left with happy, healthy leather. (And your skin feels amazing, too!). Click on our link to buy Colorado Leather Balm directly, to see who is a retailer near you, or to inquire about becoming a dealer!. #naturalleathercare #coloradoleatherbalm #naturalleathertreatment #leatherconditioner #leatherconditioning #leatherbalm #westernsaddle #conditioningyoursaddle
4 hours ago
- Next stage of conditioning this older McWilliams western saddle- you can see that the leather has rapidly absorbed CLB’s awesome combination of tallow, lanolin and beeswax. The warmth of my hand has further helped to get the leather balm deeper into the fibers as well. If you can set your leather near a heat source (we have our woodstove nearby) it also helps the leather soak in conditioner more deeply. Once you’ve conditioned your leather, let it sit for at least 10 minutes, but several hours or overnight is even better. For especially dry leather, you can do multiple applications of CLB, or use our Extra Conditioning Formula. Leather treated with Colorado Leather Balm does often darken, so if it’s something that concerns you, test it out in an out of sight area. When you are done with applications of CLB and the leather has rested, you can come back to finish it off with a light buffing/rubbing of an old rag or cloth. This gets any remainder of Colorado Leather Balm off of the surface and gives your leather that deep, rich luster and gentle gleam that healthy, well cared for leather gives off. 😊👍🏻. Click on our link to buy Colorado Leather Balm directly, to see who is retailer near you, or to inquire about becoming a dealer!. #coloradoleatherbalm #coloradoleather #naturalleather #naturalleathertreatment #westernsaddle #leatherconditioner #leatherconditioning #leatherbalm
4 hours ago
- After my time away, some of my leathers needed some extra lovin. I use different products to treat them depending on the type and finish of the leather as well as the specific care it needs.
For this one, I used Leather Honey which is a type of conditioner that revitalizes already used leather as well as softens and protects new leather (which is what this one needed after some cleaning).
There are so many good products out there and I don’t use this one exclusively but I would recommend it as a general conditioner & it’s available on Amazon.
I get asked about leather care frequently so I will work to share more of what and why I use what I do.
And if you know of any great ones, pass along:-)
18 February, 2019
- Colorado Leather Balm pretty much hit this one out of the park on restoring the natural fats that had clearly left long ago without a backward glance from this cute little pair of Ariat paddock boots. Leather will last an incredibly long time, and can take a lot of harsh treatment and neglect. But even just occasional bits of love (conditioning treatments that restore lost fat) can make a HUGE difference in the appearance, usability and longevity of leather. Colorado Leather Balm’s main ingredient is tallow (processed beef fat), which is the original fat of cowhide (most leather). Besides being PH balanced for leather and absorbing beautifully, it’s also molecularly very similar to human skin’s natural moisturizer, so it’s a great hand treatment as well. Bonus! #coloradoleatherbalm #tallow #naturalleather #leatherconditioner #leatherbalm #naturalleathertreatment #ariatboots #ariat #ariatpaddockboots
17 February, 2019
- Two identical chairs, one with Leathermilk Formula No. 5 application, and one without. 👍🏽 #beforeandafter #clm5
16 February, 2019
- If you've visited my booth in person over the years then you're likely familiar with the Mile 26 line. Hand crafted and wild foraged products to support my skins desires for all natural everything.
My vessel is highly sensitive and gets particularly unruly in the winter months when psoriasis rages. What started as a small batch of birch tar soap many years ago, grew to include so much more. The birch tar leather balm allowed me to condition my heavy, outdoor leather goods without risking weeks of rashes. Soon after came the basics formula for those not so fond of the campfire aroma, it however remains a serious favorite. Just ask @derb506
For the first time ever I will be offering both balms and a newly added fabric wax in my online shop. As some are dependent on foraged supplies they will remain crafted and available in small batches. I look forward to further introducing you to these products and the stories of Mile 26 🖤 Deeply infused with my familys histories and crafted with the lessons passed down under cloak of the acadian forest 🌲
15 February, 2019
- Before launching Colorado Leather Balm last year, we spent a good 6 months researching and testing various formulas. This included pulling together a diverse team of over 200 testers who tried various formulas on many, many different types of leather, giving us their feedback on what they liked and didn’t like, and what worked. Another thing we did before launching CLB was to travel to the University of Cincinnati’s Leather Research Laboratory and take their class on all things leather. I highly recommend this class to anyone in the industry- so, so worth it!!! Besides learning an absolute mother lode of information on leather, it was a packed class and I also met some wonderful people spanning from all different areas of the leather industry. For a leather nerd like me it was fascinating, and even better, everything I learned just confirmed that I was on the right track with Colorado Leather Balm. With each tin of CLB you open and use, know that hours of research and hard work has gone into its formulation to create the perfect combination of ingredients and conditioning impact on your leather. In short, this stuff WORKS.😊👍🏻 #coloradoleatherbalm #leather #leatherconditioner #leathercondition #leatherconditioning #leatherbalm
14 February, 2019
- It is the day of love! As you hold your lover close and snuggle up on your favorite leather couch remember to show that couch some love from time to time as well. Hire us to come give it a thorough cleaning & conditioning or buy your own leather cleaning & conditioning set and do it yourself! Happy Valentine's Day! www.raysleather.com to request your bid for hire or to purchase your set!
14 February, 2019
- Happy Tuesday, everyone! Loving this casual look! 🙂 || 📸: @fort_box_
12 February, 2019