Latest #matchsticks Posts
- I spent the better part of my day jamming matchsticks and toothpicks into the 800 or so holes that someone, at some point, decided to put in my bay window molding. Ok, so 800 might be a slight dramatization, but parts of this poor window trim seriously looked like swiss cheese you guys! It'll be worth it when I finally give her a fresh coat of paint, but man, it was tedious.
Oh and don't even get me started on the fact that these windows have been caulked shut! But hubby says I'm not allowed to play with that until the temps are a little more bearable... he's got a point, but I'm dying to tear that caulk off! (Ok maybe I already did some .... )
#VictorianFarmhouse #BayWindow #DIY #windowmolding #oldhouseproblems #oldhouserehab #matchsticks #toothpicks
8 hours ago
- A tanuki malifaux figure I painted with the kanji for scrotum painted on the drinks bottle. Traditionally they would get their power from their “raccoon pouch” otherwise known as their scrotum.
13 hours ago
- Matchstick History Continued... 1669 - German scientist Hennig Brand discovered phosphorus while processing urine in search of a compound that would turn ordinary metals into gold.
1805 - Parisian Jean Chancel was very interested into discovering easy to produce and safe to use wooden match. His method of causing violent chemical reaction that produced the fire consistent of dipping the wooden stick which was coated with mixture potassium chlorate, sulfur, sugar, and rubber into asbestos bottle filled with sulfuric acid. Even though his dangerous and toxic invention did not found much commercial use, it opened door for other inventors to step up and try to find more chemical friendly solution to the problem of fire matches.
http://www.historyofmatches.com/matches-history/who-invented-matches (image: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_reaction)
#strikeamatch #matchsticks #chemistry #history #alchemy #science #matchstickhistory #inventions #inventors
20 February, 2019
- Introducing @skeemdesign to STAXX 🌑✨Check out our insta-story for all the new things we are instantly obsessed with 🖤
19 February, 2019
- Ever since I first saw True Grit with John Wayne years ago the name of the fort where Mattie Ross comes to recruit the drunk over the hill Marshall Rooster Cogburn. The location stuck in my head. Plus the"fill your hands you son of a b****" scene, Fort Smith has stuck in my head. So every fort I've made since have been called Fort Smith. This is my second incarnation, smaller, filled with more buildings. Just a better version really 😀😀
#wip #workinprogress #modelmaker #modelmaking #modelminiature #cardboardfort #matchsticks #cardboard #truegrit
19 February, 2019