Latest #natgeowild Posts
- Sometimes after a heavy rainstorm, we have an amazing sunset 🌅
3 minutes ago
- The wild water buffalo, also called as wild Asian buffalo, is a large bovine native to the Indian Subcontinent and Southeast Asia. It has been listed as Endangered since 1986, as the remaining population totals less than 4,000. Wild water buffalo are larger and heavier than domestic buffalo, and weigh from 600 to 1,200 kg.
Both sexes carry horns that are heavy at the base and widely spreading up to 2 m (79 in) along the outer edges.
In India, the species is largely restricted to in and around Kaziranga, Manas and Dibru-Saikhowa National Parks, Laokhowa Wildlife Sanctuary and Bura Chapori Wildlife Sanctuary and in a few scattered pockets in Assam; and in and around D'Ering Memorial Wildlife Sanctuary in Arunachal Pradesh.
Nikon D810 with Nikkor 200-500
#assam #goldenlangur #discovery #natgeowild #manasnationalpark #wildindia #nikon #nikonindonesia250k #northeast_india
6 minutes ago
- Photograph- @davesandford
The Waddell Seal, these adorable seals quickly rose to the top as my favourite breed of seal. These guys live further south than any other living mammal, residing around Antarctica & the Southern Ocean & at times have been spotted as far north as southern Australia. Observing them really made me think of how their actions & facial expressions are so similar to domestic cats. Lounging on the snow & ice they roll, stretch, scratch & stretch in a very similar fashion to cats. And if you are patient & lucky enough like I was, they just might sing to you. I was fortunate to spend a bit of quality time being serenaded by a beautiful girl, they have the most beautiful singing voice that in my opinion rivals any of the beautiful song birds & singing whales. It’s a very low sounding but high frequency song that would make for a perfect lullaby. At times it almost sounds like it’s some intergalactic sound track for a movie. It’s hard to put into words. All I know is it was so beautiful it brought me to tears. Happy tears. Every day in Antarctica is a gift, a gift I whole heartedly cherish. Shot on assignment for @oneoceanexp
9 minutes ago
- Seeing this guy leave his sand dune nest and flee to the water was so cool - my first baby turtle ❤ and to come out before sunset was so nice of him so that i could snap some shots. We waited for an hour after he came out well after sunset but saw no others. Maybe he was the last and not the first?
15 minutes ago
- Down the Forth, into the sea
20 minutes ago