Latest #strengthandconditioning Posts
- This is our shoe cubby. If people always want to have a pair of gym shoes here, or might get busy and forget to bring their gym-only footwear with them we encourage them to just stash a pair with us.
On a call last night listening to @amptraining talk about how they encourage members to physically and metaphorically "store their stuff" before they hit the training floor. That struck me as exactly the approach we want people to have as well. Jobs, kids, family, that one guy who just hit divorced and always wants to come over and watch reruns of The Office, we've all got our baggage. That's life.
For a couple hours a week though, try to put it down and take care of yourself. You're worth thr effort.
Stash your shit, I promise you'll be more than ready to tackle it when you walk out the door.
#forgedstrength #assmovesmass #superiorposterior #forgeyourself #forgedstrong #raisethebarsiouxfalls #betheanvil #stashyourshit
1 minute ago
- Great weather for that mid office day walk! Gotta get that NEAT exercise in especially when the weathers this good 👊👍💪
2 minutes ago
Here’s a twist on the hanging knee raise to finish your training with.
From a dead hang bring your knees up to parallel...rotate knees inward...heels apart....toes together. Pulse up and down, not dropping below parallel. Do anywhere from 5 to 20 high quality reps for 3 sets and watch where you feel this. The rotations create deeper connections through a longer body chain #garhammer
Send video of your work.
3 minutes ago
- Most of the questions that receive through social media are directed at “back pain.” Without going down the rabbit hole of pain perception (@lucy_hendricks, @simplestrengthphysio, @zaccupples have a ton of great info regarding this!), these are my general recommendation. First, go to a DPT that you trust and make that the pain you’re experiencing isn’t symptomatic of an injury. Second, if you’re cleared by them we can talk. The majority of the issues I see are related to a lack of sagittal competency (@kylecoogan had a great post yesterday on this that I completely agree with), meaning that the individual has a hard time orientating the pelvis and ribcage leading extension issues and lower back discomfort. I’m going to try to help that individual find #abs , #glutes , and #hamstrings .. this will typically lead to better pressure management (aka bracing) as well. Furthermore, I’m going to try to accomplish this with the easiest exercises possible, this isn’t the time for complexity. These are the exercises I’m going to recommend %99 of time.
1. 90/90 hip lift with reach- tuck pelvis and squeeze glutes, pull hips off ground using hamstrings, reach (protract scapulas) arms to open up upper back and “turn off” lats, take 3-5 deeeep breaths (full exhales). If you’re a narrow ISA you’ll also drive IR by squeezing an object between knees.
2. Bear- same general cues as above but you’re now pressing your full foot into the wall and reaching against the ground.
3. GHR hamstring ISO with reach- squeeze glutes and abs (don’t arch!), reach arms and hold on for dear life. 3-5 deeep breaths.
4. RDL with constraint- I’ll usually have individual who are prone to femoral ER and pelvic extension perform these as accessories, pick DB’s that combine for the equivalent of 15-25% of your 1RM (see what’s comfortable) and feel medial hamstring tension for the entirety of the ROM. I typically perform these in sets of 15-20 with a 2:2 tempo.
5. Supine hamstring curl- keep ribcage protracted and pelvis tucked (glutes engaged the entire time), slow eccentrics. I also perform these is sets of 15-20.
I’m never going to work into triplaner mechanics until sagittal is achieved.
4 minutes ago
- 🏆 Flashing it back for you 🏆 •
Who ever trained on the platforms when we all shared one space?! .
One thing we don’t talk enough about is how far @eastcoastgoldwl has come setting roots in Virginia Beach! .
While ECG itself is a nationally run organization, our Virginia Beach Charter started out with 5-10 lifters and Head Coach @phillysab out of a smaller local CrossFit gym. .
Now leading as the President of the team and Head Coach @phillysab has over 75 in house weightlifters. Hanging on as one of the largest in house teams in the country. .
Interested in adding to the Team? Reach out TODAY! .
➡️We offer 6 week training cycles to learn more about Olympic weightlifting, improving form, building strength and even improving your CrossFit training!⬅️
Could you add as simple as 2 lifting days a week to your routine?! 💥
@eastcoastgoldwl #therifelife #virginiabeach #strengthandconditioning #weightlifting #olympiclifting
14 minutes ago
- Kneeling landmine lateral raises. If I was a bodybuilder, I’d do these everyday 🔥🔥
15 minutes ago