Latest #ww2 Posts
- A weapon which is commonly associated with the German Stoßtruppe or Stormtrooper is the Bergmann MP18. This revolutionary gun was the first mass produced machine pistol. Around 35000 of this gun were made till the end of the war by the Theodor Bergmann Waffenbau corporation. Hugo Schmeisser, famous for his design of the MP40 also took part in the design of this weapon.
The MP18 was given out almost exclusively to the German Stoßtruppe. It was a perfect match for their aggressive tactics, and proved very useful in the final months of the war and the German Kaiserschlacht offensive. It was normally loaded with a 32 round drum magazine and could fire around 500 rounds per minute. The gun was heavy with around 5kg, but an experienced soldier could still fire relatively precisely at close targets while running. This made the Stoßtruppen more flexible and even more mobile. In close quarter combat, the machine pistol was superior to any bolt action rifle, since it was not fatal to miss a few shots.
The MP 18 would influence many later machine pistol designs. It was excessively used by German Freikorps units after the war, and was adopted by the German police for special operations. It's successor, the MP28 was used in over 30 different countries, and was adopted by some Wehrmacht units in the second World War. It is speculated, that German MP18 were a major reason for heavy losses inflicted on Japanese troops during the siege of Shanghai, pre ww2.
Swipe to see the gun in action.
#worldwar1 #ww2 #worldwar2 #kaiserreich #kaiser #geschichte #deutschland #gun #weapon #mp #fullyautomatic #ww1 #germany #german #deutschland #deutsch #wehrmacht #thirdreich #thehistoryclub #patriotism #battlefield #stormtrooper #germanempire
35 seconds ago
- Admit it - isn’t half the fun using all the neat specialty tools ... and creating the thing by hand?
👉🏼 The process of creating - getting to do that with coordinated eye and a few selected hand tools - is the artist’s ultimate ‘juice’, the reward. The final result on somebody’s wall is merely evidence to the rest of the world that a miracle has taken place.
#P51Mustang #Spitfire #AviationHistory #HistoricalArt
2 minutes ago
- Exercise in the British army😎 #ww2
3 minutes ago
- London during WW2
Friend's profile about WW2
4 minutes ago
- Flak towers (German: Flaktürme) were eight complexes of large, above-ground, anti-aircraft gun blockhouse towers constructed by Nazi Germany in the cities of Berlin (3), Hamburg (2), and Vienna (3) from 1940 onwards. Other cities that used flak towers included Stuttgart and Frankfurt. Smaller single-purpose flak towers were built at key outlying German strongpoints, such as at Angers in France, Helgoland in Germany and Trondheim, Norway.
The towers were used by the Luftwaffe to defend against Allied air raids against these cities during World War II. They also served as air-raid shelters for tens of thousands of local civilians.
Friend's profile about WW2
Source: Pinterest, Wiki
6 minutes ago
- 16 February 1942
A Polish soldier manning a 1919 Browning .30 cal. machine gun mounted on a Universal Carrier.
Taken at the extreme forward positions around Carmuset er Regem (Karmusat ar Rijam) area near Gazala, Libya.
Polish Independent Carpathian Brigade (Polish Samodzielna Brygada Strzelców Karpackich, SBSK) was a Polish military unit formed in 1940 in French Syria composed of the Polish soldiers exiled after the Invasion of Poland in 1939 as part of the Polish Army in France. It was commanded by General Stanislaw Kopanski.
The division fought with distinction in the North African theatre of World War II, notably during the Siege of Tobruk. In 1942 it formed the backbone of the 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division.
On 30 April 1941, during the offensive of Erwin Rommel's Afrika Korps, the brigade was moved near to the front at the fort of Mersa Matruh, where it spent the next 10 weeks strengthening defensive positions. It was then withdrawn to the El Amiriya camp near Alexandria, and on 18 August 1941 the first convoy of the brigade's units left for besieged Tobruk. Transported in seven convoys, between 21 August and 28 August the brigade took over the western most perimeter of the allied defences and took part in what became known as the Siege of Tobruk. Overnight on 9 December, during Eighth Army's Operation Crusader which was to raise the siege, the Polish brigade seized the strategically important Madauar Hill, town of Acroma and broke through to the British 8th Army, thus ending the siege. Due to their impact on the battle, the Polish soldiers were awarded with a prestigious title of the Tobruk Rats by their Australian comrades in arms. (Note a 'Boys anti-tank rifle' behind him.)
The eponymous creator of this firearm was Captain H. C Boys (the Assistant Superintendent of Design) who was a member of the British Small Arms Committee and a designer at the Royal Small Arms Factory, Enfield. It was initially called 'Stanchion' but was renamed after Captain Boys as a mark of respect when he died a few days before the rifle was approved for service in November 1937.
#1942 #poland #history #war #ww2
7 minutes ago
- Fransız asker, devlet adamı ve imparator olan Napolyon Bonapart, Avrupa çapında bir dizi yıkım ve sosyal karmaşanın ortaya çıkmasına neden oldu. 1799 yılında Fransa’da iktidara geldi ve beş yıl sonra kendini imparator ilan etti. Korsika Adası’nda doğan Napolyon, Paris’teki Fransız Harp Akademisi’ne gitti. 1789 yılındaki Fransız Devrimi sırasında bir topçu alayında görev yapıyordu. Cumhuriyetçileri destekleyen Napolyon, devrimci lider Maximilien Robespierre’in müttefiki oldu. 1795 yılında kralcıların düzenlediği bir isyanı bastırmasıyla ün kazandı. Daha sonra Fransa’nın İtalya, Avusturya ve Mısır’ı istilasını yönetti.
Her şeye rağmen Napolyon, hukuki, politik ve sosyal alanda önemli etkiler yarattı. Fransız Devrimi’nin ideallerinin kıtanın her yerine yayılmasına neden oldu. Pek çok eski monarşiyi yıktı veya zayıflattı. Fransız hukuku günümüzde hala Batı Avrupa hukukunun temelini oluşturdu. Napolyon Savaşları toplamda yirmi yıla yakın sürdü. Avrupa’nın bütün askeri güçleri bu savaşlara dahil oldu. 1812 yılı savaşta bir dönüm noktası oldu. Napolyon Rusya’yı işgal etme girişiminde bulundu ve başarısız oldu. Yenilgisi Fransız ordusunun zayıflığını ortaya serdi. 1813 yılında Dresden Savaşı’nda ve iki yıl sonra Waterloo Savaşı’nda onu yenecek olan Avrupa güçlerine cesaret verdi. 1799 yılında Napolyon bir darbe yoluyla iktidarı ele aldı. Devrimi desteklemesine ve hatta kendi kişiliğinde onun değerlerini cisimleştirmesine rağmen 1804 yılında Fransız monarşisini yeniden kurdu. Kendisini imparator ilan etti. Almanya, İspanya, Portekiz, Belçika, Hollanda, İtalya, Rusya ve Avusturya’ya savaş açtı. Bu arada zaten Atlantik’in kontrolü için İngiliz Kraliyet Donanması ile mücadele etti. Napolyon ilk olarak 1814 yılında görevden alındı. Elbe Adası’na sürgüne gönderildi. 1815 yılında kaçtı ve Paris’e döndü. “Yüz Gün” olarak adlandırılan bir isyan organize etti. Waterloo’da yenildi ve Aziz Helena Adası’na sürgüne gönderildi. 51 yaşındayken sürgünde öldü. --------------—----------------
#USA #ww2 #war #2woridwar #rusia #china #moviescenes #italia #german #british #english #french #japanese #turkey #İstanbul #nagazaki #soldiers #Hiroşima #guerre #Berlin #war #europa #wwii #ottoman
8 minutes ago
- Nazi Germany is the common English name for Germany between 1933 and 1945, when Adolf Hitler and his Nazi Party (NSDAP) controlled the country through a dictatorship. Under Hitler's rule, Germany was transformed into a totalitarian state that controlled nearly all aspects of life via the Gleichschaltung legal process. The official name of the state was Deutsches Reich ("German Reich") until 1943 and Großdeutsches Reich ("Greater German Reich") from 1943 to 1945. Nazi Germany is also known as the Third Reich (German: Drittes Reich), meaning "Third Realm" or "Third Empire", the first two being the Holy Roman Empire (800–1806) and the German Empire(1871–1918). The Nazi regime ended after the Allies defeated Germany in May 1945, ending World War II in Europe.Hitler was appointed Chancellor of Germanyby the President of the Weimar Republic, Paul von Hindenburg, on 30 January 1933. The NSDAP then began to eliminate all political opposition and consolidate its power. Hindenburg died on 2 August 1934 and Hitler became dictator of Germany by merging the offices and powers of the Chancellery and Presidency. A national referendum held 19 August 1934 confirmed Hitler as sole Führer(leader) of Germany. All power was centralised in Hitler's person and his word became the highest law. The government was not a coordinated, co-operating body, but a collection of factions struggling for power and Hitler's favour. In the midst of the Great Depression, the Nazis restored economic stability and ended mass unemployment using heavy military spending and a mixed economy. Extensive public works were undertaken, including the construction of Autobahnen (motorways). The return to economic stability boosted the regime's popularity.
Racism, especially antisemitism, was a central feature of the regime. The Germanic peoples were considered by the Nazis to be the master race, the purest branch of the Aryan race. Discrimination and persecution against Jews and Romani people began in earnest after the seizure of power. The first concentration camps were established in March 1933.
8 minutes ago