Latest #yaleuniversity Posts
- Leave the catering up to us! And don't worry, we could never forget our infamous hot or white sauce. 😋 Your guests will surely be impressed! 😊 #thehalalguys #thehalalguysnewhaven
38 minutes ago
- Even though I had studied art and math for years, and I was aware of the Golden Ratio, it wasn’t until after college that I fully delved into it. Beginning with the book The Golden Ratio by Mario Livio, followed by several others, my thinking was completely transformed. I obsessed over it, initiating a full on spiritual awakening. It was truly a humbling and enlightening experience.
This lead me to spend several years creating works such as “Identity Element”, a miniature human skeleton made from salmon bones and Transcendentalis, a large temple-like installation which combined ideas of Buddhist philosophy, honey bees, creation and destruction.
I took this shot on the Yale campus, which has many wonderful spiral staircases. ⏳
#life #goldenspiral #hivemind #loveyourself #photographer #art #goldenratio #weareone #spiralstaircase #artworks
#universe #beauty #nature #phi #yaleuniversity #newhaven #mariolivio
1 hour ago
- When others don't believe in you find faith and trust in the work you have done. @letscope is having an awesome college career. Yale on their way to another NCAA Tournament while Alex has been there. I have seen so many players that didn't get the hype but just kept digging it out of the dirt . #yaleuniversity
13 hours ago
- I am so thankful to have met you guys. All of you give me so much inspiration to look forward and work hard to achieve great things. There have been times where Im been doubtful of myself and my capabilities but all of you believe in me more than I do myself. Thanks for having me here!! I had such a great time😗😗😗 I am sure we will meet again in the future in better places! #sillimancollege
16 hours ago
- In the midst of prepping class today on the history of Bacardi & Cuba, my teen son brought me soup he’d made, complete with Gojujang & an egg dropped in it. Not sure how I’m supposed to concentrate on turn-of-the-century Havana while this soup is here.
How is this drinks related?
When asked in kindergarten what he aspired to be when he grew up, this child said “mixologist.” It’ printed under his picture in the yearbook. At the time I got a lot of comments on it.
🕴🏼 🤦🏻♀️ I don’t have a “must be 21 to follow” profile line. Students needn’t be 21 to take Drink History from me at Yale. They didn’t need to be 18 to take my Prostitution&Pornography ethics class either or read the book that came out of it. Or take any other college subject. I’ve never known critical thinking and reading to hurt anyone on the verge of adulthood.
My son is now about to declare a chemistry major. It’s not so hard to connect the dots tfrom interest in mixology 🍸to chemistry. 🧪But what if I’d freaked out when he said “mixology” all those years ago? (“Mixology?! You’re 5! Go to your room and never come out!”) What then? He didn’t know what it meant. He knew I added salt to his hot chocolate. ☕️That I liked to shake something I drank that other people stirred; that for some reason which really bothered people (still does!) but that I had A VIEW. What appealed to my son all those years ago was creativity 🎨 combined with a spirit of enquiry. 💡And that it was about edible potions. 🍵
If I had freaked out & shut my son down all those years ago, I wouldn’t have been brought delicious soup today that’s for sure. And past me could see into the future & was way too selfish for that.😈
16 hours ago